Wednesday, June 12, 2013

So long, farewell, I'd like to say Goodbye!

Written June 11, 2013

Good evening everybody! Tonight is the first night I am a sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Kind of a funny feeling… I don’t know that I feel like a missionary today, but I am sure I will tomorrow when I am whisked off to the MTC. I am pleased to be here today. I never thought I would be here, but I am. Seven months ago, I was confident I was never going on a mission. The announcement had been made that the missionary age was lowered, but I just knew it wasn’t going to affect me. Well, I was right! I turned 21 last week! I decided to go because I got a nagging feeling in me - a pestering thought that told me this was the next experience I should be having. I thought long and hard and realized I was putting my desires and wants in front of the Lord’s. I knew the Holy Ghost was telling me I should leave, but I didn’t want to. I eventually came to the conclusion that if I really want to be a disciple of Jesus Christ, I better start be willing to do the Lord’s will rather than my own. So here I am today, a missionary. I don’t quite know what to expect, but I know that I can help at least someone out there, so I guess that is what I expect - several opportunities to help others. I expect to be a little confused by the Spanish that I won’t understand for a while, and I suppose I expect to eat a lot of rice and beans….

No comments:

Post a Comment