Saturday, August 3, 2013

July 2, 2013

For a family home evening, you should see if you can watch "The Character of Christ" talk by Elder Bednar. He gave it at the MTC last year or something. It is really good.

Our song went really well and I think our "investigator" liked it. He committed to a baptismal date next Saturday. Dan sent me another song in Spanish about baptism, so I think we might sing that to him too! So on Saturday, the music coordinators for Sacrament (the other two hermanas in our room) realized that there was no musical number for Sacrament Meeting. So what did we do? Hermana Boyack rented a violin from the MTC, and we played a song in Sacrament meeting. It was so fun! She is a violin major at BYUI and pretty good. I surely enjoyed it. I hope that I did it justice. We didn't have that much time to prepare.

So the highlight of the week is that we got to teach members. We had twenty minutes to share a message with one member. (We did it twice). The neat thing was that we went in with nothing prepared. I had no idea what we were going to say and I was a little nervous. We got in there, started talking to the first woman, Sister Ramero. She is divorced and her daughter and her are the only members in her family. The rest of her family is in Venezuela. I had no idea what to share, and my companion didn't have anything, so I decided to share one of my favorite scriptures, Alma 7:12. It was all in Spanish, so my companion told her to read 11 and 12 on accident, and then Sister Ramero ended up reading 10-12. It was perfect. She started crying and we talked about how the Lord loves her and her daughter. I tried to tell her to think of one blessing from Heavenly Father and share it with her daughter and her daughter will feel God's love also. I don't think it worked very well, but she wrote something down, so the spirit must have got a message across. The next lady has her family in Mexico and they are all baptized. I knew less of what to say to her because she has a lot of faith in Christ and knows of His love and blessings for her. I just opened my scriptures and looked for something highlighted. I found a scripture in Mosiah 18? That was about being of one baptism, one faith, and preaching the Gospel. I thought "Okay, we will just talk about how her family can be more unified through Christ". I think she started crying too and told us that her brothers are inactive. She said that she was going to start praying for them. It was pretty neat. Our Spanish was horrendous with that lady, but she felt the Spirit. The neatest thing about these experiences (called TRC) is that I don't feel like we really taught because our Spanish was the least effective thing about the lesson. Really, the Spirit taught those members. I really enjoyed teaching them and it lifted my spirits a lot. I really look forward to when we will be in Washington helping real people.

Love,
Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment