Saturday, August 3, 2013

July 9, 2013

Buenas tardes! The MTC is just peachy. I eat pineapple everyday. Anything of interest this week? Well.... we get our travel plans for Washington at the end of this week. I can hardly believe it! I have been here for four weeks! We taught some members again on Friday. One of the members didn't show up, so I we ended up teaching one of the teachers. I didn't quite get that he was being himself, not a fake investigator, till about half-way through the lesson. I said the prayer and thanked Heavenly Father that would could teach him, but forgot his name right before I said it, so I had to say "this member". Ha. I hope he forgets soon. We picked up two new investigators, got dropped by one, and are going to have two "baptisms" on Saturday. It can be pretty interesting, pretending like I am attending a baptism. I think I am most excited to get into the field so that I don't have to pretend that the people I am teaching are actually going to have real outcomes. It is a good opportunity to learn about teaching. Our district is being disolved, so our first counselor was released yesterday. Kind of sad because he reminded me of Dad and now "Dad" isn't here anymore.... Hm. Oh well. The district isn't being completely disolved until we leave, which is Monday after next. So pretty much the presidency is being picked apart week by week. Next week the second counselor will be released. I am loving studying the scriptures here. I really could read for 15 hours straight and want to keep reading. For how much I read, you would think I would have finished The Book of Mormon since being here, but instead it is becoming quite the rainbow as I highlight different topics. Yesterday I saw one of my friends from high school and he told me that my other friend just got back and is strong in the faith. I felt like Alma and the sons of Mosiah when they met each other again and we filled with joy because their were still brethern in the Lord. It gave me some hope for the future because I felt how it feels to know someone has accepted the Gospel and it has changed their life. I look forward to when I can help families come together and accept Christ as their Savior. I am really interested to know who my next companion is. I just am really curious. I hope the family is doing well and is safe and sound. Love, Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment