Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October 21, 2013

Dear Family,

We had some good highlights this week! Roberto came to his wife's baptism, and then we had a lesson with them the next day! Then we had a lesson on Thursday! It was super fun because Hermana Huchendorf and I were on splits that night. I went over and taught Robert about The Restoration. I asked Veronica if she would share her experience about when she received a Priesthood blessing a few weeks ago. The next time we saw her, she said that her and Roberto had a really long conversation about how Jesus Christ has helped in his family. It was so great to hear that because I don't think that they have ever really shared about spiritual experiences before! It is so fun to see this family at church and see how they are working together to learn about the Gospel. We want to help him get the Priesthood and then hopefully we can start getting this branch off the ground! Veronica got her temple recommend this weekend. That was good :)

It is pretty interesting to see how the Spirit works in lessons. We found this man who was baptized in Mexico that moved in with one of the recent converts. We were a little surprised when we went over there! We started talking and we could tell the woman really want us to teach a lesson to him, so we did and then they invited us over for a follow-up appointment. We went over on Saturday and decided we better teach about repentance and the Word of Wisdom. We got in there and it was really awkward. We didn't know what to say, but Hermana Huchendorf asked them what they thought about when they thought of Jesus Christ. Right then we could feel the Holy Ghost come into the room. It was pretty neat because I could really feel the Spirit. The thing we have been learning is that we really have to pay attention or it is easy to miss. The longer I am here the more I realize that it doesn't matter what I teach, or how skilled I am at teaching. The Spirit of God is the real converting power that "carries the message unto the hearts of men". I am grateful that I have been taught and experienced how to feel the Spirit in my life. Thank you Mom and Dad for being such wonderful teachers and focusing so much time and energy on the Gospel. I love you all a lot!

Love,
Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment