Wednesday, October 23, 2013

September 30, 2013

This has been a great week! Started off with interviews with the mission president. Those are really a pleasure and privilege. The sad news of the week is that Veronica didn't get baptized. :( Her husband doesn't want her to, and she is really trying to figure out what to do. Her desire to be baptized is very strong. It was so sad yesterday because she cried for a bit because she wants to be baptized so bad. It was amazing to see the members help her, because so many offered comfort, shared their experiences, and expressed their love and faith in the Lord. This is what the Gospel is about. "Bearing others burdens"and "comforting those that stand in need of comfort". I love the Valle family (Spanish ward mission leader). They are so good to me and so willing to serve. Hermano Valle shared his testimony in Sacrament Meeting yesterday. Half in Spanish and half in English. Lucky me, I got to understand both! He expressed his love for the Lord and his desire to do everything right that he possibly can in this life. He said he is watching and watching for the day when the Lord will come again. I was very touched. Something that has been very apparent to me the last week is the power of hearing the Gospel in your own tongue. In D & C11

For it shall come to pass in that day, that every man shall ahear the fulness of the gospel in his own tongue, and in his own blanguage, through those who are cordained unto this dpower, by the administration of the eComforter, shed forth upon them for the frevelation of Jesus Christ.


Even when I was listening to Hermano Valle bear his testimony, when he spoke in English, my heart was touched more than when it was spoken in Spanish, even though I understood every word. I want to give that to others! It really provides me with motivation to learn Spanish better. I want them to hear the Gospel the way that will help them the most. But the Spirit is still the most important thing. I know this because Hermano Valle doesn't necessarily have the best English ever. It gives me hope that the Spirit will help carry the message into the hearts of those that I teach.

A funny thing that happened this week was that Lilia came to the Womens Broadcast and told us she wanted to take Wednesday off and invite us over for cake. She didn't know if she should make tea, coffee, or chocolate cake for us. Hahaha.... time for the Word of Wisdom lesson...

We picked up Edwin again! We have felt not to go over there lately, but last night, we used up all of our back-up plans, and there were a few that were super lame. I had the thought that we should go see Edwin, so we did, and!!! His life has really stunk the last few weeks. He says he has felt especially bad to God, and then us because he did not keep any of his commitments. A lot of his friends have been inviting him to different churches, but he has felt sick going to any of them because all these friends were bashing Mormons. So he didn't go to any of them. They told him a lot of silly stuff about Mormons, like that we can have as many girlfriends as we want or if someone is already married it is totally fine to cheat. What was the really interesting thing? That morning, I had grabbed a "Law of Chastity" pamphlet for our investigator Silvio, and had the thought to grab two, which I thought was super strange. Well! I handed that pamphlet right over to Edwin! That should answer his questions! It was really exciting to see that the Lord cares about individual people. I love being here on a mission and serving my Savior. I know that the scriptures can provide revelation and answers to questions that otherwise would go unfound. I love you all!
Love,
Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment